Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2014 trade package #21: PWE from the dollar store

The other day I received my 22nd trade package from Doug at Sports Cards From the Dollar Store.  Since we first traded last December that means he's almost sent me an average of two packages a month!  This one came in PWE form, which was a great idea considering the small number of cards and the large cost savings.  Here's what I got:
Here's a new Brady for me, and I hope to see him back in the Super Bowl in a couple months!  A trio of recent Michigan basketballers makes up the rest of the scan, and that includes Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Glenn Robinson III.  Interesting note:  the back of GRIII's card shows his college as Michigan, but then the team he's listed with in the stats section is "Michigan St."  BOOOOO, Panini, BOOOOOOOO!

The other card in the package was, naturally, a hockey player:
Greg Pateryn 2013-14 Panini Rookie Anthology Prizm Update auto
Mr. C promised me an auto and on that front he delivered quite nicely.  I'm on record that I like some of Prizm's designs and this one meets my criteria for something enjoyable.  This is my first hit of Pateryn, a defenseman who is a native of Sterling Heights, Michigan.  I know I got to see him play during at least one game of his four-year Michigan career from 2008-2012.  Toronto took him in the fifth round his freshman season but he was smart to ride out his education.  Hopefully he'll see some time with Montreal in the future!

Greg is the 36th member of my hockey PC, by the way, and leave it to Doug to be the one that beefs up that collection as always, which I must say I appreciate a ton!

Thanks again, Doug, and I'm looking forward to more great trades next year!  Readers, head over to Sports Cards From the Dollar Store and keep an eye out for a trade package from yours truly soon!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I've been sending your way for about 2 years, so that's only 1 per month. I'm not that dedicated to keeping the post office in business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I lack in math I make up in writing good. But I think at this point you and Matt are #1 in quantity and quality of trade packages headed my way!

      Delete