Sunday, December 8, 2013

Not JUST Commons: Hill, Leach, Putz, and Richard

Today's post features the last of my first haul of cards from JustCommons.  This time I have a binder page's worth of cards that includes four of my PCs:

Rich Hill 2006 Upper Deck Special FX (#101)
Rich Hill 2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue (#979)
It sure does seem like it's been a while since I posted new additions of Hill!  JustCommons has a pretty good selection of the guy, but I actually had everything but these two, though that's probably not a surprise since I'm over the 200-card mark.  '06 UD Special FX is kind of a goofy parallel set to the main offering from that year, but at least the color parallels of the base look pretty cool.  Of the 10 versions that exist I'm short just both of the Greens (/99) and Reds (/50), which I don't think will be terrible to find.  The pair gives Hill a new IHAS count of 213/347, and you all know that means MORE are on the way!

Rick Leach 1984 Fleer Update
Rick Leach 1984 Topps Traded
This is probably a good time to point out that Leach is the player that got me interested in making this purchase in the first place.  I'm tantalizingly close to finishing up his collection, so certain cards have been harder to find at times.  Both of these are now up on COMC, but they weren't when I was giving JustCommons a shot, plus the price I paid was excellent.  1984, as I think I previously mentioned, was the first year Leach appeared with Toronto on his cards.  His new IHAS count is an awesome 56/60 with a couple more incoming, meaning I might just complete his PC before the end of the year!

J.J. Putz 2002 Upper Deck 40-Man RC
J.J. Putz 2006 Upper Deck Special FX
J.J. Putz 2006 Upper Deck Special FX Green (#55/99)
J.J. Putz 2006 Upper Deck Special FX Red (#10/50)
The daunting task of acquiring each of Putz's 300+ cards has caused me to leave him out of some of my purchases, but I think I did well to add four more here.  The first is another RC from 2002, and I now have 16 of his 23 cards from that year.  The remaining three all hail from the aforementioned '06 UD Special FX set; fortunately for me, Putz only had ONE base card that year, so there's five versions for me to chase instead of 10, and I'm short just the Blue and Purple versions, which are actually the easiest based on numbering (or lack thereof).  J.J.'s new IHAS total is 161/307, and I should have a few more good ones to show off to you pretty soon.

Clayton Richard 2013 Topps
Last and, I guess, least, today, is a lone card of Padres hurler Clayton Richard.   Their selection on him wasn't quite as good as some of the other players I collect, but I was still glad to come away with something I needed of him.  Oddly enough, I was able to score the Target and Wal-Mart parallels before I landed his base card!  I've made some good headway on Clayton's PC recently, and his new IHAS total stands at 87/133 with a nice handful on its way.

That's it for THIS JustCommons package, but as I've said multiple times, I have another one that should be arriving this week that'll put this one to shame.  Until then, I have a couple more MMMM posts with which to entertain you, a much-needed eBay catchup, and a ton of COMC cards I still haven't gotten to!

No comments:

Post a Comment