Friday, June 7, 2013

2013 trade package #12: Colby sends me Wolverines from out of the (maize and) blue!

As I alluded to yesterday, I had a fun and unexpected trade package show up in my mailbox the other day.  Although I haven't featured a trade from him on this year blog until today, the address was plenty familiar to me, as I'm sure it is to many of you as well:
"Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark!"
Colbey has proven to be a generous trader (not to mention fantastic blogger and outstanding group break-runner) time and again, but I was still pleasantly surprised by what he managed to include this time:
Avant is just the appetizer as we dive straight into eight of the package's 10 Tom Brady cards.  The extreme similarity of the last two Panini offerings got a chuckle out of me, I'll admit.
Two more Brady cards and then it's off to the races with a lucky seven Breastons.  My favorite, of course, is the Topps DP&P that features Stevie back in Ann Arbor!
What's this, only TWO Braylons?  The Hall, pair of Hennes and pair of 2012 Topps defensive standouts are all well and good, but I really like the duo of Dhanis since I really don't have as many of his cards as I'd like.
Finally, there's this 2012 UD Junior Hemingway rookie.  I actually already own it having picked up a copy in a trade last year, but I never did show it off by itself in its full glory.  This is a great shot of Junior wearing the #21 Desmond Howard "Legends" jersey after that tradition was instituted last season.  Very cool!

Thanks, Colby, for an unexpected trade that made my day!  I also enjoyed the baseball stuff you sent my way, which can be seen over at TMV this evening.

Those of you reading this should be following Colby's Braves/Panthers/everything-centric blog Cardboard Collections and get trading with this southern gentleman!

2 comments: