Thursday, May 30, 2013

2013 eBay purchase #24: David Terrell asks, 'What ABOUT the bonus?'

(Note:  today's title references one of my favorite lines from an early-2000s Microsoft game called Freelancer.  It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend that you check it out.  George Takei is one of the voice actors!)

So do you guys remember how three weeks ago I picked up a 2002 Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus plaque of Anthony Thomas?  And I was all like "Sweet little baby Jesus these are difficult to find, and I gladly paid my $25.50 for it, and it'll probably be a while before I see any of the other Wolverines in the set, if ever?"

Well a funny thing happened last week:  another one DID pop up, namely this one:
David Terrell 2002 Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus framed manujersey auto (#101/200)

...and the back:

And better yet?  This one set me back a measly $17.05, with a good chunk of that covering shipping once again.  I always like to say that Thomas and Terrell go together in my mind like peanuts and Paydays, Marley and reggae....  And now I can say I've added a Signing Bonus framed dealie of each within a few weeks of each other!  These will definitely look nice side-by-side once I get around to hanging or displaying them somehow.  Not bad for my 32nd Terrell hit and 713th football PC item overall!

2 comments:

  1. I was a big fan of the absolute baseball series. I always thought that these were nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, just a cool idea that sadly never really took off. It was so nice to get a piece like that without being held hostage by a redemption, too. If I ever find a baseball version I like I'll have to pick it up!

      Delete