Thursday, May 2, 2013

2013 eBay purchase #22: getting Rich from a Gold Rush

And now, for another episode of "I've had these cards sitting on my desk for almost a month and haven't posted them yet" theater.

I managed to show off a few other eBay pickups in that time frame, but somehow I never got around to this trio.  All three came from infamous (but decent, in my experience) seller/possible shiller bigboydsportscards3.  I've seen some reasonable evidence presented that this seller shills their own auctions, but that doesn't ever affect me because, one, I don't buy anything remotely high-end, and two, I have my absolute top-shelf high bid; if the price goes above that, oh well, I'm not buying the card!  So to be clear, I've never had any issues with bigboyd over a growing number of eBay purchases.

In fact, this time things went very smoothly in that I was purchasing three BIN/OBO cards and was able to negotiate a fair price for the three-spot:  $11 delivered.  Considering how ridiculous the individual cards' prices were elsewhere, I was happy with that.  Which cards did I get?
Chris Getz 2012 Topps Gold Rush Stamped Promo
The Gold Rush cards were part of the 2012 Topps flagship wrapper redemption promo last year.  They don't differ a whole lot from the base set, aside from a big "GOLD RUSH" stamp below the Topps logo in the upper-left corner.  This was a prime Getz need for me that I can now check off of the list, and it's IHAS card #28 for me.
Rich Hill 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor (#060/559)
This was another example of a quality Heritage design, and as usual, the Chrome cards really came out nice. Therefore, the Refractors look even better!  I think I might have missed out on a good deal for one of these on COMC recently, but I managed to grab it cheaply here, and now I have four of Rich's five 2008 Heritage issues, meaning I'm short just the Chrome Black Refractor, which isn't plentiful at 59 copies, but shouldn't be terrible to track down.
Rich Hill 2009 Upper Deck Spectrum Spectrum Swatches Light Blue jersey (#67/99)
What's better than one brand new Rich Hill for my PC?  Try two!  Better yet, this is another hit I didn't have.  Better BETTER yet, it completes Hill's four-card Spectrum run from 2009, including the
Blue jersey,
auto/jersey, and
"patch."
I didn't manage to score an interesting swatch with a pinstripe here, but for the price, I'm not complaining.  The quartet looks pretty nice together, though I don't think I'll throw it in with my completed nameplates/rainbows as I don't think it quite fits the theme.  I'm happy to have all of them, now, though.  And today's pair puts me at 197 unique Hill cards including 10 1/1s and 83 hits.  Major milestones await including 200 Hills, 100 of his hits, 200 Michigan Baseball hits, and 1000 four-sport hits, some of which I should reach very soon!

I'm looking to have a fairly busy weekend, so I'm not sure how soon I'll be posting again, but I have plenty more COMC cards to catch up on, plus I'll have a very cool eBay pickup some time next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment