Tuesday, January 8, 2019

1/5/19 show report: what's this? What's this?!

No, I'm not going all Jack Skellington on you--I just had a bit of a surprised reaction to a card I found in a quarter box at my first show of 2019.  That's saying something since I'm pretty stoked with the stuff I've already shown off on TMV this evening.  But this pair's not bad either:
What's this?  What's this?  A Henne I don't have?  What's this?  What's this?  What can I rhyme with "have"?  Yeah, I'm just a bit geeked that I not only managed to pull a brand new Henne card for myself out of the quarter box--it also happens to be a great numbered parallel with a  Michigan uni photo!  My third entry of his from 2008 Playoff Prestige is an Xtra Points parallel (#125/300), one that forms a nice trio with his base RC and Gold Xtra Points issues.  How could you go wrong with this design plus a photo of the man starring in the 2008 Capital One Bowl victory over Florida?
Joining Chad is a huge relic of a guy who's apparently not long for the Panthers, which could be a boon to his career (accurate QB throwing to him, plz).  It's WR Devin Funchess on a shiny 2015 Panini Spectra Gigantic Jerseys jersey (#160/199), a set that's certainly as-advertised.  This gives me eight hits of the TE-turned-wideout and was definitely a good value for the $1 it set me back.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with pickups from another show this weekend, but other than that you can expect to see some COMC and Sportlots loot when I get around to scanning and posting it!

2 comments:

  1. A shiny Funchess relic for a dollar is a fantastic find. And you found a Henne you needed. All in all a highly successful card show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, buddy! Now if I could just find some new trade bait for you...

      Delete